The final release of Windows Server 2016 is expected to be in early 2016 and it’s therefore the right time to dive into the new features and enhancements included within this version. I have been searching for some resources to get me up to speed and was surprised to find out that the most interesting material is actually free!
Windows 2016 – Run As Radio
I always enjoy listening to Run As Radio and therefore included the sessions below. Just a note here, Nano server is a deeply refactored version of Windows Server 2016 and therefore included below. In addition to this, I would like to mention that there are various other sessions covering Docker, which is an important part of the Windows 2016 release, and definitely recommend reading up on container based technology if this topic is new to you.
- Getting Ready for Nano Server – http://www.runasradio.com/default.aspx?showNum=444
- Docker and Server 2016 – http://www.runasradio.com/default.aspx?showNum=438
Windows Server 2016 – Microsoft Virtual academy
The quality of the session hosted on MVA (Microsoft Virtual academy) varies from session to session however the Windows sever 2016 content is very informative, of high quality and free.
- What’s New in Windows Server 2016 Preview – https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/whats-new-in-windows-server-2016-preview-12592
- A Deep Dive into Nano Server – https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/a-deep-dive-into-nano-server-13785
- Windows Server 2016: Virtualization Deep Dive – https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/windows-server-2016-virtualization-deep-dive-14094